Take a stand, show your support for a sustainable future, join UNDP’s Inaugural 50th Anniversary Host Committee, a group of individuals, celebrities, and company leaders who are taking the lead to support and publicize UNDP’s Gala. Celebrities help by generating publicity and lending their name to the event and invitation, while other individual and company “hosts” commit to buying a table or ticket early, and help to publicize and recruit others - individuals and companies in their networks - to support the Gala. Host Committee members will receive special recognition and exclusive access to UN events, briefings, and a personalized tour of the UN with UNDP leadership this fall.
To date – the following people have enthusiastically committed to serving on UNDP’s Benefit Host Committee:
- Edward Dolman, Chairman and CEO, Phillips (Committee Chair)
- His Royal Highness Crown Prince Haakon of Norway, UNDP Goodwill Ambassador
- Connie Britton, Actor and UNDP Goodwill Ambassador
- Michelle Yeoh, Actor, Producer and UNDP Goodwill Ambassador
- Sir Harold Evans, Editor-at-Large, Thomson Reuters
- Jean Todt, President, Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile (FIA) and UN Secretary-General Special Envoy for Road Safety
- Jimmy Wales, Founder of Wikipedia and Wikimedia Foundation, President and Co-founder of Wikia, Inc.
- Kate Garvey, Co-Founder of Project Everyone
- Jeff Martin, Co-founder and CEO, Tribal Planet
To join the host committee, email Ayesha Marra at email@example.com